“Egypt elected to bring this matter to the attention of the Security Council to forestall further escalation and to ensure that unilateral actions do not undermine efforts to reach an agreement on the GERD or prejudice the riparian rights and interests of downstream states, or, more alarmingly, to endanger the lives of 150 million Egyptian and Sudanese citizens thereby generating greater tension in an unstable region,” he said.
- 1 day ago - Ethiopia: Authorities ban protests as “illegal and unnecessary” -
- 2 days ago - I Support Biden-Harris Because I Don’t Want America to be AmeriKKKa! -
- 3 days ago - From rule to responsibility: the path forward for Ethiopia -
- 3 days ago - Trump and Africa: How Ethiopia was ‘betrayed’ over Nile dam -
- 3 days ago - Trump comment on ‘blowing up’ Nile Dam angers Ethiopia -