Thursday, October 07, 2010
March 4 Freedom Urges To Intensify The Struggle for Freedom
March 4 Freedom welcomes the release of Birtukan Midekssa, congratulates all freedom- loving people across the globe for their triumph in ensuring the release of the prominent and one of the many thousands political prisoners in Ethiopia.
While celebrating success, we also want to stress the need to be more vigorous in fighting the brutal regime lead by Meles Zenawi which is responsible for crimes against humanity, genocide, ethnic conflicts that claimed countless lives, brutal suppression, mass murder, disappearances, mass detentions and corruption. March 4 Freedom calls upon all freedom-loving people celebrating the release of Birtukan Mideksa to:
- intensify the hard work to end the 20 years crisis in Ethiopia
- hold Meles Zenawi, his cronies and ruling officials to account for appalling human rights violations and atrocities at a mass scale, including the widespread and longstanding reign of terror, soldiers gang-raping women, burning down huts and killing civilians
- demand the for the immediate and unconditional release all prisoners of conscience detained in Ethiopia, human rights defenders and independent journalists.
- persevere the march towards building political stability, democratization and regional stability that is being threatened by the Ethiopian rulers
- insist that rulers recognize and respect the rights to freedom of speech, assembly, association and press freedom and respect the international and regional human rights treaties to which Ethiopia is party and demand to remove the Draconian laws against press freedom, non-governmental organizations that are turning Ethiopia into a police state.
March 4 Freedom,
The Movement Against Dictatorship and Genocide